Monday, December 15, 2008

U2 Centerfold


This is very cool. U2 centerfold in a UK newspaper called "The Guardian" of U2 at Olympic Studios working on their new cd called "No Line On The Horizon" being released on Tuesday March 3rd. Produced by Steve Lillywhite, Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois, who was here in Halifax a couple of months ago, played at The Marquee. At the preshow Q & A Daniel said it's U2's best yet...they all say that don't they? Regardless, I'm looking forward to some new U2.

Here's a classic from Live Aid. I was working at a radio station in Belleville, Ontario. When I got off the air,I hopped on my bike, raced back to the place I was staying at to watch this performance of U2's "Bad". It was so gooood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnXOSxka1Q&feature=related It wasn't until their ZOO TV tour in 1992 in Toronto at The CNE that I got to experience U2 Live. Some of The Tragically Hip guys were a few rows in front of me. We talked for a bit about our great seats and the concert that was about to take place. That show is in my Top 10 list of one of my favourite concerts ever.

No comments: